Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer For Natural Lash

I love it when people look at my eyes and after a moment ask, "Do you have makeup on?".  Hehe!  I don't always put makeup on when I go out these days, but when I'm in the mood to do a full face, I love putting a subtle emphasis on the eyes, which for me means a bit of eyeshadow, and lush, curled lashes.  

Falsies aren't for me, I still don't know how to put them on properly.  But with a good eyelash curler, mascara, and a mascara base like Etude House's Dr. Mascara Fixer For Natural Lash, I can achieve pretty, flirty, yet natural-looking lashes.

Etude House Dr. Mascara Fixer For Natural Lash can be worn both before and after mascara.  The 'Natural Lash' variant is supposedly for separating and lengthening lashes.  Cost me only around P300 or less than $6 at the nearby Etude House branch.

The applicator is easy to use and is just the right size for my lashes.  You can see a little bit of the product here, which is a clear and non-sticky gel.

I really don't like spidery, clumpy lashes and this mascara base helps prevent that, which is what I mainly use it for.  I find that applying this beforehand makes mascara application a lot easier- no more ugly clumps of mascara! I don't see much lengthening effect, but the gel does seem to help comb through lashes and separate them.  So I still get tinted, volumized lashes from my mascara without the heavy, clumpy look.

One coat is enough for each time, and I have to take care to put on mascara right away after using this, otherwise I end up with clumpy lashes again because the Mascara Fixer dries relatively quickly.  So what I do is curl both lashes first with my Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, apply Dr. Mascara Fixer on one eye and immediately put on mascara, comb my lashes, then do the other eye.

The only thing I didn't like about this is that it had such a strong chemical scent when I first tried it that it made my eyes water.  But that didn't happen again with any succeeding applications and the smell seems to have faded now.  Overall, I consider this a pretty good, cheap find, and would buy the other variant (Perfect Lash) once I run out.

11 comments:

Jem said...

Ohh..
i should try this din..

Currently, im using Ardell's Lash Growth Accelerator & i thin it does work dinkasi i don't need to use mascara na..unlike before.

I'd rather use a product like this which won't really make the lashes look spidery..i hate it din when lashes clumps together...looks weird e..

thanks for the nice review!
^_^

Ida said...

Thanks for reading the review hun =) I find this does help with the clumps. Although having naturally long lashes would be nicer! I'll have to search for a review of that on your blog. =)

Fifi said...

I gotta admit that I'm more of a falsies gal. But sometimes I rely on my mascara too. I hate it when mascara clumps and flakes; it hurts my eyes! This product sounds promising for that. Thanks for the review :)

Ida said...

Fifi, you rock falsies. :) I wish had more patience to practice with them. Definitely, flaky mascara can be irritating. Thanks for dropping by :)

Crystal said...

i'm curious about this product too! thanks for the review.

Ida said...

You're much welcome Crystal. Are you in the states now? :)

Love Poem Collection said...

Great post!

Ida said...

Thank you! I love how romantic your blog name sounds :)

Maui (Suushh) said...

oooh thanks for sharing! this looks like somethign id like to try. havent gone back to etude house since i went there the first time looks like they have a lot of new products :)

Ida said...

Would love to know what you'd think of this product, Sush. :) Etude House has loads of stuff to try out.

Heli'♥beauties said...

looks good.
ok i'm gonna get that.
thanks for the review

i'm having a giveaway, if you have time drop by!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design by Dulcette B. | For and only For Ida of NaturalsAndMinerals