Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers - Fig and Rhubarb

I do love lip balms and lip tints, and when I saw these Burt's Bees Lip Shimmers, I thought they were a good combo of moisturizer and color in one. I got two shades-
Fig

and Rhubarb


Ingredients: Castor oil, sunflower oil, beeswax, candelilla wax, peppermint oil, lanolin, cocoa butter, tocopherol (Vitamin E), carnauba wax, rosemary leaf extract. May contain iron oxide, mica, carmine, titanium dioxide.

Got them from a seller in Multiply for Php 200 each. Can also be bought locally at Beauty Bar stores for a slightly higher price.

Here's what I think:

Moisturization: Not very moisturizing...not soothing either. In fact, this gave my lips a stinging sensation! I don't know if it was the peppermint oil in it or another ingredient but it really stung. Despite that I still gave it a try but after a while my lips would start itching, then chapping. I was thinking it was probably just me with my sensitive lips so I had my husband try it(heehee), and he experienced no irritation at all. He said he liked the slight minty sensation and scent. I liked the peppermint scent too, but damn, these really irritated my lips.

Color: I spent way too long choosing which shades to get. But I made the right choice with Fig. It's an earthy red color with a bit of pink. I liked it so much that I continued using it even though my lips were itchy the whole time. Too bad I lost my tube of Fig. I'm not willing to buy again though. Also, they're shimmers which supposedly impart only a hint of color, but they're very pigmented. I had to carefully control the amount of product I applied- dabbed it on instead of directly swiping from the tube. Much more like a lipstick than gloss. As for Rhubarb, if you've seen a rhubarb plant, yes-they're kinda the same color. It's too light pink for my liking though. I looked weird with the Rhubarb shade on. So unnatural-looking.

Well, I definitely won't buy these again mostly due to the sensitive skin on my lips but if I didn't have any reaction to it, I think I'd like to try the other shades. If you find that this dries your lips, try putting on lip balm first. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design by Dulcette B. | For and only For Ida of NaturalsAndMinerals