Thursday, March 26, 2009

Favorite By Nature Handmade Soaps

By Nature Handmade Soaps is a local manufacturer of soaps made of natural ingredients. They have a wide array of soaps to choose from! It's pretty helpful that they categorized the variants according to skin type (click on the 'User's Guide' tab on their website).

I first tried these when I was preggers, and at that time my skin was very irritated, so I chose 3 bars recommended for sensitive skin: Baby Blue, Very Oatmeal, and Cocoa Butter Melt.


Baby Blue remains my favorite. Contains chamomile essential oil, calendula extract, goat’s milk, honey, aloe vera gel, oatmeal, and vitamin E, and can be used by both babies and adults. It's unscented, the bar itself is smooth and non-abrasive, and it's not drying to the skin. It really helps with reducing itchiness, and is calming to my easily irritated skin. I used Dove before, and have not gone back to it. This is much better. I also use this on my baby, and I find it better than Dove Baby. We both use Baby Blue everyday so I stock up on it.

Cocoa Butter Melt is creamy and moisturizes well, but does not leave any residue on the skin, so there's no sticky feeling afterwards. There are these cute little grains in the soap which look like cocoa powder. It's unscented as well and is very mild.

Very Oatmeal is fun to use because of the oats in it- it's good for exfoliating and you can just rub the bar itself on your skin, no need for a loofah. The grains are okay and not at all rough on the skin. Also unscented and mild.

Out of the scented variants I've tried, I like Simply Jasmine and Choco Latte. They're subtly scented, which is what I prefer for my soap products, and are gentle to the skin as well. Simply Jasmine isn't too floral- it's got a very clean, simple scent. Choco Latte isn't too sweet smelling- it's kinda like a minty chocolate. Both quite fresh-smelling.

These soaps are affordable at about Php 95 to Php 155 each. One bar lasts me a relatively long time!

A few tips on using by nature soaps:
-Cut a bar in 2 or 3 parts. They last longer that way as compared to when it's used all at once.
-Place the soap in a dish that doesn't retain water or have a rough surface(so it won't all melt too quickly).
-Put the soap dish in an area that won't get splashed with water(also so it won't get all soggy).

4 comments:

Jem said...

thanks for following my blog!
^_^

I haven't tried out this brand yet.
i tried Lush & i like it but its expensive.

thanks for the review, ill make sure ill try this one out!

cheers!
^_~

Ida said...

thank you for following my blog also! :)

yup, i did see your wordpress account first then followed the link there :)

you're welcome! by nature is a lot more affordable than lush and seems more all-natural. :)

BY NATURE said...

hi, ida! thanks for this wonderful post on my handmade soaps! :) i'm so happy that you're enjoying them and that both you and your baby are benefiting from their moisturizing properties.

i hope you don't mind if i link this to my site.

thanks again! :)

Ida said...

you're welcome! thank you for making them :) i totally don't mind! i love browsing through your site :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design by Dulcette B. | For and only For Ida of NaturalsAndMinerals