Saturday, March 14, 2009

Dickinson's Witch Hazel

I go to Healthy Options every now and then to buy my vitamins but just ignored this product 'til I saw it being discussed in the girltalk forum. I was curious and they have sample sizes at about only Php 60 (approx $1.24) each so I went ahead and tried the two variants:



There's one with a yellow label, and another with a blue label.

Yellow label ingredients: All Natural Witch Hazel 100% , Alcohol 14%, Witch Hazel Extract.
Brief description at the back of the bottle
Non-drying & deep cleansing
Gently removes dirt & oil
100% all natural
Dermatologist tested & recommended

Blue label ingredients:All Natural Witch Hazel 100% , Alcohol 14%.
Brief description at the back of the bottle
Calming - calms irritated skin
Soothing - soothes minor abrasions
Cleansing - removes dirt & oil

I think the main difference is that the yellow bottle has one additional ingredient, and it's meant to be used on the face as an astringent/toner, while the blue bottle can be used on both the face and body.

I used the yellow bottle everyday for 3 weeks, then switched to the blue one which I've been using for about 3 weeks also now (after cleansing and before moisturizing), and what I've noticed so far is that:

My face feels really clean and smooth after using either the blue or yellow variant.
No skin irritations resulted from using either products.
They don't sting the skin.
The smell doesn't bother me, in fact I barely noticed that they were scented. Some people don't like how these smell though.
The yellow variant made my dry skin even more dry. I noticed this the following morning. The yellow variant is probably more suitable for oily skin types.
My complexion seems a bit brighter and more even.
That's about it and I probably need longer use to see its effects (if there are any more).

They're available at Healthy Options stores...which have a number of natural skincare product lines but I'm not sure which ones I should try first. Hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Blog design by Dulcette B. | For and only For Ida of NaturalsAndMinerals